My Adk Gardens

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Seed Catalogs Have Been Arriving


Some 2007 seed catalogs started arriving close to a month ago. I used to always wonder who would look at seed catalogs for the following year, before it was even Halloween. I normally would stack any gardening catalogs I wanted to keep in an out-of-the way spot, and not even glance through them until after Christmas. This year is different though!

I have a Thompson & Morgan 2007 seed catalog that has been sitting on an end table in my living room for the past couple of weeks and I can't bring myself to put it away. Perhaps it's because foxgloves are one of my favorite flowers, but I've been totally sucked in by the cover of the Thompson & Morgan catalog this year. They boast that their cover flower, Digitalis purpurea 'Candy Mountain', is the first upward facing foxglove from seed. I don't know if that statement is true or not, but I do know that I want to grow this flower.

Not only is the Thompson & Morgan 2007 seed catalog going to stay in my living room for awhile longer, but I might even order from it before Christmas!

Although last week-end we had the horrible weather that the weathermen had promised, yesterday was a gorgeous day here and today is almost as nice. I'm still cutting back the dead foliage from perennials, and this afternoon I also started clearing an area to plant some Foxglove 'Candy Mountain' in the spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home