My Adk Gardens

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Thoughts of Spring

I love daffodils! They're hardy, they're easy to plant, once planted they require little to no care and, after a long northern winter, they shout "Spring!". Perhaps best of all though, rodents and deer (both of which are major pests in my gardens), don't eat daffodils! :)

A couple of years ago, we had a section of our rocky woodland bulldozed and graded. Part of the resulting landscape is a large slope that can be viewed from all the back windows of our house. Last fall I planted a couple of hundred daffodils on that slope, and today I planted some more. My plan is to continue planting daffodils on that slope every fall, until the entire hill is covered.

It may have been a chilly and cloudy fall day today, but my thoughts were of a bright & sunny spring!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home